Bang the Drum! Let everyone know!
The Los Osos Community Plan Draft has been released. Link here to have look. Community input is needed to shape the future of Los Osos.
Los Osos Community Plan Update Timeline:
Community Plan Update Progress (as of January 2015)
1. General Plan Authorization DONE
2. Administrative Draft DONE
3. Draft Community Plan Released to the Public DONE
4. Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report In Process
5. Environmental Scoping Meeting Winter 2015
6. Community Workshop Winter 2015
7. Draft Environmental Impact Report Fall 2015
8. Public Hearing Draft Fall 2015
9. Planning Commission Hearings Fall 2015
10. Board of Supervisors Hearings Winter 2016
If you’re lucky enough to have a pump on your street, this is a familiar site. Men looking down into the concrete bomb-shelter-like hole in the middle of the street. Seems they’re are testing it today, pumping water and seeing where it goes. Hopefully it works!
Looking forward to it being done, but not looking forward to the monthly bill.
With the election close, the CSD race is heating up. Here are profiles of five the candidates.
Lou Tornatzky and Craig Balitmore did not respond to a request to be profiled.
video by Pat Renshaw
The CSD has decided not to air the candidate forum on Channel 20 and did not respond when asked why. Topics discussed are imperative to the future of Los Osos and should be seen by as wide an audience as possible.
You can watch it here, but if you feel it should be shown on channel 20 contact the CSD.
Music, arts and crafts, vendors, and a beer garden. Come to 2nd Street in Baywood this Saturday for the 36th Annual Oktoberfest Celebration. As if beer and brauts wasn’t enough, there’s also the 9th Annual Car Show, featuring polished beauties of bygone eras. And if beer, brauts, music, and a car show still wasn’t enough, get up early and come down for the 4-mile Run. And if beer brauts, music, a car show and a run somehow still wasn’t enough, there’s a pancake breakfast put on by the Kiwanis Club at 8am. Good times.
4 mile run – 7:30 – $10
Pancake Breakfast – 8:00 am $?
The rest of the event is FREE!
9:30am – 10:30am Tony Harmon & Nathan Towne
11:00am – 12:00pm Stereo Steve
12:30pm – 2:00pm Soul Sauce
2:30pm – 3:30pm Panga
4:00pm – 5:30pm Natural Incense
Dr. Bresler has lived in Los Osos since 1980 and is working with Los Osos FLOW to explore means to combine the service areas of Golden State Water and the CSD. In his time on the Central Coast, Dr. Bresler help found the San Luis Chamber Orchestra and has served on the medical staffs of both local hospitals. He is familiar with building codes, as he acted as general contractor for several property remodels.
Aside from water issues, he sees most pressing Los Osos needs as the unpaved streets, missing sidewalks, and the lack of parks for the community. Urging for more local control, Dr. Bresler states, “Los Osos is now at the mercy of San Luis Obispo County for all public amenities. It is time for us to take the reins and further improve our community.”
To learn more about Dr Bresler, visit his webpage; www.peter4csd.com
This celebration is to thank all those who helped build the new addition to the South Bay Community Center and to celebrate 40 wonderful years. Come with friends to meet new friends. A free dinner will be served starting 5:30pm.
What: People Helping People 40th Anniversary Party
Where: South Bay Community Center
When: Saturday 4:30
10/11-10/12 – There’s a lot going on in Los Osos this weekend…
- The Los Osos CSD Candidate Forum – Friday Night – – 6:30 pm South Bay Community Center.
- Open Studios Art Tour – Saturday/Sunday – Visit the studios of local artists and buy some great art. For more information and a map of the studios, click here.
- Morro Shores MHP Annual Fall Sale
Furniture, electronics, tools, clothes, kitchen items, home made goodies. Also the Morro Shores Cafe’ for the best hot dogs / chili dogs around.
Friday and Saturday, 8:00 – 2:00. 633 Ramona Ave., Los Osos
- Los Osos Fitness Open House Saturday 11-3. Group Power Launch at 9:30, Zumba outside at 11:00, free smoothie samples and Magic show all day.
- Cal Fire – Fire Safety Fair – Saturday 11-3pm – Vons Parking Lot – Music, games and more. Link
The Los Osos candidate forum is tonight at 6:30 in the South Bay Community Center. Come get a scoop on where they stand on important local issues.